We are avocado-obsessed #glowgirls. Watch our 3 favorite ways to use avocados as a serving vessel.
Rich, creamy, and oh so delicious, avocados are so versatile. They contain the GOOD FATS that our body needs to function and thrive on. Eating avocados is incredibly healthfyl because they are high in omega 3 fatty acids, the essential fat your body needs but doesn’t produce on its own. Along with the health benefits from fat, avocados contain proteins, vitamins, and minerals including vitamin k, fiber, magnesium, iron, and potassium to name a few.
Using the avocado as a serving vessel is not only convenient, but it gives you some avocado in each bit– which is always the move.
// AVOCADOS 3 WAYS //
1. AVOCADO WITH BAKED EGG & SRIRACHA
This recipe is the perfect PROTEIN PACKED ENERGY pick-me-up. We often this when we’re looking for some healthy omega 3’s and a good energy boost.
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 egg
- Srirarcha or your favorite spicy hot sauce
1. Heat oven to 435 degrees F
2. Place egg into the pit of the avocado. If your avocado seems to be small, scoop out some of it to make room for the egg, or you can separate the yolk from the whites of the egg, and only use as much egg whites as will fit and then top with yolk
3. Top with salt and pepper
4. Place the avocado onto a baking sheet, and then into the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Cooking time will vary depending on the size of your eggs and avocados, but just make sure the egg whites are set.
5. Remove from the oven and top with some extra fresh-cracked pepper, Sriracha hot sauce.
2. AVOCADO WITH TUNA SALAD & FRESH HERBS
Tuna and avocado is a magical combination. Make the tuna salad however you prefer, with some olive oil or a little mayonaise, but always use some lemon to finish it off!
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup tuna salad (mix glass-container tuna with lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and a tiny bit of vegenaise, mayonaise, or greek yogurt)
- Few sprigs of fresh herbs, cilantro or tarragon is nice
1. Prepare your 1/2 cup of tuna salad
2. Place tuna salad in the cavity of the avocado
3. Top with fresh herbs, salt, and pepper
3. AVOCADO WITH LENTILS & CRUMBLED FETA CHEESE
Lemony lentils mixed with salty feta and avocado makes for a winning combination. You get it all– protein, fat, chew, and saltiness.
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup cooked lentils (Trader Joe’s has awesome packs of pre-cooked lentils that are super convenient!)
- Feta cheese for crumbling
- Squeeze of lemon juice
1. Place cooked lentils into the cavity of the avocado
2. Top with lemon juice and feta cheese crumbles, salt, and pepper
Make this recipe, instagram it, and make sure to tag @howyouglow // #howyouglow
|Share the GLOW:||Share on Facebook Tweet Pin it Comment Email Us|