C’mon, raspberry, rose, and chocolate?! Heaven! These raspberry-rose infused truffles are easy to make and they’re vegan and gluten-free– but trust us know one will know.
As part of Kitchy Kitchen‘s “Ladies Cookie Swap,” Tara decided to make these truffles…. yes, they’re not cookies, but they’re still perfect little nuggets of heaven. She used Compartes Raspberry Rose jam and rose petal jam, which add lovely flavor to the fudgy & chocolate-y truffles. Then, to finish it all off– and to add some color and texture– they’re rolled in freeze dried raspberries. Tart & sweet is always a good combination, and these truffles are just that!
All the ingredients in these truffles are wholesome and healthy– dairy-free, sweetener-free, gluten-free, chocolate-free (yep! Only cocao in these truffles), so essentially they’re guilt-free too :) ENJOY #glowbabes.
RASPBERRY ROSE CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES RECIPE:
vegan + gluten-free
- 15 large medjool dates, pitted
- 3/4 cup raw walnuts + hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 tbsp melted extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 cup raspberry-rose preserves (use 1/2 raspberry jam and 1/2 rose petal jam)
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 cups crushed freeze dried raspberries for coating
1. Place all ingredients in a large food processor.
2. Mix all the ingredients in the food processor for about 1 minute or so until the blade stops running and you’re left with a big ball dough basically.
3. Remove mixture from the food-processor, and let it sit in the freezer for about 10 minutes to harden up.
4. Remove mixture from the freezer, and use your hands and work in batches to make 15-20 or so small round truffles. A small cookie scooper works nicely for this. You might need to stop in between and take the mixture back to the freezer if it gets too sticky on you.
5. Roll the truffles in crushed freeze-dried raspberries, and top with a pistachio.
6. Place in the fridge before serving, Enjoy!
**Makes about 15-20 truffles. Store them in the fridge so that they don’t lose their shape, will keep for well for a couple weeks.
Make this recipe, instagram it, and make sure to tag @howyouglow // #howyouglow
Recipe by: Tara Sowlaty
Photography by: Tara Sowlaty
|Share the GLOW:||Share on Facebook Tweet Pin it Comment Email Us|