This summer salad is all about the frizzled leeks and pomegranate molasses dressing. It’s tangy, caramelized and SO delicious.
Pomegranate molasses,¬†a¬†specialty food item often used in Persian cooking, takes this dressing to the next level. It’s the perfect ingredient for adding a sweet, tangy, and umami-rich depth of flavor to your dish. You should definitely stock this deliciousness in your pantry for not only salad dressings, but also to add to drinks, soups, stews, rice dishes, and marinades as well.
The frizzled leeks are another YUM moment in this salad dish. They add a super satisfying caramelized element that elevates this salad like woah. You will get addicted to these things and want to add them to many of your recipes… and you should.
Pomegranate Frizzled Leek Salad
(inspired by Melissa Clark)
- 1 leek, washed and trimmed
- 6 oz fresh arugula
- 5 radishes, washed
- 1 fennel bulb, washed and trimmed
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- pomegranate molasses dressing **see below
1. FRIZZLED LEEKS:¬†Cut leek in half lengthwise and rinse away any remaining grit. Slice thinly into half moons. Warm 1/4 inch olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add a handful of leeks at a time, and fry until golden brown (15 to 30 seconds). Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to absorb excess oil. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt. Repeat with remaining leeks until all are cooked.
2. Thinly slice radishes and fennel with a mandoline.
3. Toss warm quinoa with 3/4 of pomegranate molasses dressing. Taste, and add some extra lemon / molasses / salt / pepper if necessary.
4. In another large bowl, toss arugula with enough of pomegranate molasses dressing to coat.
5. Add quinoa to the arugula and toss. Add in the shaved fennel and radishes, top with frizzled leeks, and a drizzle more of the pomegranate molasses dressing.
Pomegranate Molasses Dressing
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate molasses¬†+ more if necessary
- zest + juice of one lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (add a third if you love garlic)
- good pinch of salt and pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
1. In a small bowl, whisk together pomegranate molasses, lemon juice, large pinch of salt and a large pinch of pepper.
2. Whisk in 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil.
Make this recipe,¬†instagram¬†it, and make sure to tag @howyouglow // #howyouglow¬†
Recipe by: Tara Sowlaty
|Share the GLOW:||Share on Facebook Tweet Pin it Comment Email Us|