We’re all looking to make healthier choices. When it comes to food and drinks, this sweet potato goat cheese quesadilla and PACt™ cranberry extract water are the perfect combination for a taste of our favorites with a healthy twist.
One important way to nourish yourself is to hydrate more often and more effectively. Ocean Spray introduced us to their new PACt™ cranberry extract water, which contains PACs, or proanthocyanidins– unique, powerful elements found deep inside cranberries that help cleanse and purify your body better than water alone. It contains just seven ingredients including purified water, 80 milligrams of unique cranberry PACs, natural sweeteners like agave nectar, stevia, monkfruit extract, natural fruit flavors, and sea salt. With a slightly tart, yet a refreshingly robust fruit flavor, this drink is a great compliment to our delicious, hearty sweet potato quesadillas studded with pomegranate seeds.
If you’re looking to get more involved in the PACt™ movement, you can get the chance to work it out alongside Maria Menounos and the Ocean Spray team on Thursday, October 23, 2014 in Hermosa Beach. For their #EvenBetterBeachBash, join local fitness gurus Cassey Ho, Gina Harney and Ashley Turner as they lead you through six 45-minute yoga, pilates and fitness classes throughout the day. Californians can register online at http://bit.ly/PACtFitness for free fitness classes on the beach – all while basking in the shadow of a 61-foot tall cranberry! Between classes, stick around and enjoy a taste of PACt™ cranberry extract water, that has the Power of 50 Cranberries™
Look out for PACt™ cranberry extract water in the water aisle at Target and all major retailers throughout California and Nevada. Visit PACt.OceanSpray.com to learn more about PACt™ cranberry extract water and find it at a location near you, or order online. Pair their drink with our Sweet Potato Quesadillas for a super #glowy meal combination.
SWEET POTATO QUESADILLA RECIPE:
- 1 large sweet potato or 2 small
- 1/2 tsp salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup garlic olive oil
- goat cheese slices (found at Trader Joe’s)
- 2 large brown tortillas (Food for Life Brown Rice or Sprouted Grain)
- handful of pomegranate seeds + more for serving
- 1/2 cup pickled red onions
- handful of cilantro
1. Place sweet potato into a pot of water, and cook until tender (about 15-20 minutes), until soft and tender.
2. Meanwhile, make pickled red onions if you don’t have any on hand.
4. Split cooked potatoes open with a knife; remove flesh and transfer to a bowl (you should have about 1 cup). Use a fork to mash potato with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and garlic olive oil.
5. Place one layer of cheese on a tortilla. Then spread sweet potato filling atop the cheese layer. And then add some extra cheese on top of the sweet potato filling. Sprinkle some pomegranates on top, and then place a second tortilla on top.
6. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Heat 1 teaspoon oil and transfer the quesadilla to skillet; cook until quesadilla is crisp and cheese is melted (about 3 minutes per side). Transfer cooked quesadilla to serving plate. Cut quesadillas in quarters or thirds, and serve each with pickled onions, cilantro, and extra pomegranate seeds.
Make this recipe, instagram it, and make sure to tag @howyouglow // #howyouglow
Photography by: Sasha Young
**This post is in sponsorship with Ocean Spray PACt Cranberry Extract Water. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that support us! xx Tara + Jessie
|Share the GLOW:||Share on Facebook Tweet Pin it Comment Email Us|