Erewhon is hands-down our favorite market in LA. When we’re not at our local farmer’s markets, this is where we choose to do our food shopping / quick meals. We’re highlighting some of our favorite picks from the market, so that you can stock up on these essentials too!
// S H O P T H E P O S T //
1. The prepared foods are fresh, healthy and so tasty— don’t miss their amazing salad bar, roasted chicken, soups, prepared hot dishes, salads, and baked goods
2. Erewhon Tonic Bar // Erewhon is particularly special for their tonic bar. Ranging from teas, to smoothies, to herbal potions, the baristas can tailor a concoction that’s just right for you and your specific needs
3. Mary’s Gone Crackers // The most addicting, crunchy, nutty and gluten-free crackers. Perfect to eat on their own or with your favorite spread. We love dipping them into hummus.
4. Coconut Sugar // Coconut sugar is one of our top choices for sugar. Natural, organic, and unprocessed.
5. San J Sesame Rice Crackers // These rice crackers are the best snack–gluten-free, salty, crispy, and filling. We’re sesame obsessed.
6. Hansen Masey Vanilla Extract // This is hands-down the best vanilla extract, even Ina Garten says so :)
7. TCHO Dark Chocolate // This specific brand of chocolate is great– high quality and delicious.
8. Farmhouse Culture // You should always have some sort of fermented vegetables in your fridge–this is a great brand, especially the beet flavor.
9. Harmless Harvest Coconut Water // This is our FAVORITE bottled coconut water, closest thing to raw, fresh coconut water straight from the coconut. We especially love the pink ones.
10. Glutino Pretzels — Chocolate and Yogurt flavor // These gluten-free pretzels have the perfect crunch. They are seriously SO good. The chocolate and yogurt dipped versions are a great guilt-free sweet and salty treat.
11. Eden’s Sea Vegetable Chips // These savory air crisps are really delicious and a great light snack to munch on.
12. Lundberg Organic Brown Rice Cakes // Brown rice cakes are a staple you need in your home. Great for quick snacks or lunches, add some nut butter or avocado for the extra yum.
13. Snap Pea Crisps // Light as air and really delicious, these snap pea crisps actually pack in a protein punch too.
14. Coconut Flour // Coconut flour is one of our favorite alternative baking flours. It’s full of proteins and nutrients and adds a lightness to your baked good– plus, it’s gluten-free!
15. Eden Umeboshi // Umeboshi is a super healing, medicinal Japanese pickled plum that is quite sour in taste. It hosts loads of benefits, such as aiding upset stomach, headaches, nausea, and hangovers, to name a few.
16. Udi’s Gluten Free Whole Grain Bread // Udi’s Gluten Free bread is our favorite sandwich bread, and you can always find it in our fridge. Once it’s toasted it’s as good as any other sandwich loaf.
17. Ezekiel Sesame Bread // Ezekiel is the real deal, and their sprouted sesame bread is hearty and yummy.
18. Tinkayada Organic Brown Rice Pasta // This specific brown rice pasta is really fantastic– it’s gluten-free and the texture is just right.
19. Maldon Sea Salt // We use this on pretty much everything! Add the flaky Maldon salt right before serving and you’ll see how your dishes’ flavors will pop.
20. San Marzano crushed tomatoes // Tradition knows best and San Marzano crushed tomatoes are a classic staple. Try to get the glass bottles when you can, they’re are the best.
21. Turmeric // Turmeric is an absolute staple in our kitchens. We add it to tonics, soups, stews, marinades, and smoothies for its anti-inflammatory properties.
22. Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar // Apple cider vinegar is a multi-purpose detoxifier, we use it in salad dressings and even take it straight when we want to add some alkalinity to our bodies.
23. San J Organic Tamari // This is our choice of organic, gluten-free soy sauce, and we use it on sushi, in salad dressings, sauces, marinades, and on soba.
24. Manuka Honey // Manuka honey is a medicinal powerhouse full of antibacterial properties. A little goes a long way with honey and this one, although pricey, is definitely worth it.
25. Organic Kudzu // Kudzu is commonly used in Japanese cooking as a root thickener, it adds texture to soups, sauces, and stews, but it’s really incredible for its healing properties and soothing effects on the stomach.
26. White Moutain organic yogurt // This organic yogurt is tangy and delicious, and full of wonderful probiotics.
27. Organic Pastures Organic Whole Raw Milk // Raw, unpasteurized dairy is the way to go, and this brand is the best.
28. Organic Pastures Cultured Raw Butter // Raw, unpasteurized dairy is the way to go, and this brand is the best. The butter is ridiculously good.
29. Purity Farms Organic Ghee // Ghee, clarified butter, is commonly used in Ayurvedic cooking for it’s healing properties. It adds ojas to the body– life force and vitality. When we’re feeling extra glowy, we even take spoonfuls of the butter in the morning.
30. Almond Carob Clusters // WOAH, these are the best little bundles of chewy, crunchy, goodness. Find them in the bulk section in the back of the store and thank us later.
31. Organic Dried Mango // Dried mango is one of nature’s candies. We love to snack on it when we’re craving something sweet. This brand has the best, chewiest dried mango.
32. Melissa’s Thai Young Coconut // Seriously there’s nothing like an ice cold fresh young coconut!
33. Sweet potatoes // Kitchen staple, we love roasting them with coconut oil and curry.
34. Lemons // Kitchen staple, we use lemons daily in our water water with lemon, on salads, soups, and pretty much everything!
35. Meyer’s Hand Soap // We love Meyer’s organic cleaning supplies that smell great.
36. Lypo-Spheric Vitamic C // This is pure MAGIC. This specific vitamin C is the most absorbable form for your body– it’s an orange gooey mixture that doesn’t taste so great but it seriously works!
37. Dr Ohhira’s Probiotcs // Dr. Ohhira’s Probiotics are particularly great because they are all vegan, which makes them easily transportable (since they don’t need to be refrigerated)
38. Erewhon Fresh Pressed Juices // Their all-organic fresh pressed juices are great and make all throughout the day. The combinations are spot on and we like that they come in glass bottles
39. Hail Merry Macaroons // These raw, gluten-free coconut macaroons are deeelish and the perfect sweet treat to end your day
Los Angeles // Calabasas
Photography by: Sasha Young
|Share the GLOW:||Share on Facebook Tweet Pin it Comment Email Us|