Get your grills out, because avocado on the grill will become your next favorite dish. An essential way to savor up summer and a hearty & healthy addition to any meal.
We were inspired by Picca’s grilled avocado dish when coming up with this recipe. Smokey char on avocados is pretty delectable, and with the addition of lemony ponzu yuzu dressing, each bite is more satisfying than the next. Top it off with pickled red onions to counter-balance the charred avocado rich smokiness, and you’ll be swooning in no time.
We all know that avocados are good for you, but we consider them a ‘GLOW food’ because of their beautifying factors. We need fats in our bodies to give us energy, build collagen, make us feel full and satisfied, and build overall immunity. Bottom line, fat is GOOD for us and it makes us glow.
GRILLED AVOCADO RECIPE
- 2 avocados
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- salt + pepper
- pickled red onions
- 4 tablespoons ponzu / yuzu juice
- 1/2 lemon
- Salt + pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
1. Preheat grill/ grill-pan, and cover with some coconut oil
2. Make yuzu dressing: combine yuzu, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and sesame oil in a bow land stir well to combine, taste for additional seasoning
2. Cut avocados in half and remove the pit
3. Drizzel with fresh lemon juice and brush with olive oil
4. Gently place the cut side down on the grill, for 3 minutes or so, until you see grill marks
5. Remove from the pan, top with chopped pickled red onions, yuzu dressing, and flaky sea salt and fresh pepper
Recipe by: Tara Sowlaty
Photography by: Sasha Young
|Share the GLOW:||Share on Facebook Tweet Pin it Comment Email Us|