YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS STUFFING. This recipe is so good, we secretly want to make it all throughout the year. It’s really darn delicious and a little bit naughty, but that’s what Thanksgiving is for, right?!
Gaby‘s stuffing is SO easy to make and SO yummy. The wild mushrooms and leeks get a bit caramelized, and then when baked up with the french bread, you’ve just got some golden perfection going on. Woah. It’s goooood.
GABY’S WILD MUSHROOM LEEK STUFFING
- 1 loaf country-style French bread with crust, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 5 oz Cremini Mushrooms
- 5 oz Shitaki Mushrooms
- 2 bunches green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 leeks, white parts removed
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 ounces coarsely grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spread bread on large rimmed baking sheet. Bake until bread is dry, about 15 minutes. Cool.
2. Melt 3 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil, add in mushrooms and sauté for 5-6 minutes. Add leeks, green onions, all the herbs, garlic, salt and pepper and sauté until leeks are tender, 6 to 8 minutes more.
3. Preheat oven to 375°F. Generously grease a large skillet or baking dish. Place bread cubes in very large bowl. Add warm vegetable mixture; toss to combine.
4. Whisk eggs and 3/4 cup broth in medium bowl. Add egg mixture to stuffing and toss to coat. Mix in Parmesan.
5. Add more broth (about 1/2 to 3/4 cup) to stuffing if dry. Transfer to skillet or baking dish. Cover with buttered foil. Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake until golden, about 30 minutes.
Make this recipe, instagram it, and make sure to tag @howyouglow // #howyouglow // @whatsgabycookin
Photography by: Sasha Young
|Share the GLOW:||Share on Facebook Tweet Pin it Comment Email Us|