We are obsessed with Farmhouse Culture’s Fermented Veggies. From their various health benefits to delicious tart flavor, fermented foods are on the top of our glowy grocery list.
Farmhouse Culture is one of our favorite brands for probiotic-rich, gut-healthy foods. Health really starts in the gut; protecting our microbiome is the key to overall optimum health. That’s why we try to add in probiotic-rich foods into our diets as much as possible. More than 70% of our overall microbiome lives in our gut, so the more good bacteria residing in our gut, the better for our overall health. Every day, more research reveals how connected our gut health is to overall health, affecting everything from digestion and immune support to skin conditions and mood/anxiety disorders. Various strains of probiotics have been tested for specific benefits, but it’s safe to say that the more probiotics you can get into your system, and the wider variety of strains, the more health benefits you’ll see as a result.
Farmhouse Culture has a range of products that we have on stock at all times: their various fermented Fermented Vegetables, Gut Shots, and our recent obsession (!!!), and Kraut Krisps. Okay, let’s talk about these incredible Krisps … they’re essentially healthy chips filled with probiotics in them! Seriously life-changing, you must purchase them; thank us later. PS — The Dill Pickle flavor is our FAVORITE. The Fermented Vegetables come in three tasty varieties: Ginger Beets, Orange Ginger Carrots and Taqueria Mix.
What we love about Farmhouse Culture is that they start with only wholesome, organic ingredients and then work in harmony with nature to gently guide the transformative power of fermentation to culture. The result is enlivened foods that nourish your body, mind and spirit.
We’ve partnered with Farmhouse Culture to come up with three recipes using their various fermented foods and vegetables– healthy, delicious, and gut-healing. In addition to our recipes, Fermented Vegetables are an easy, delicious way to add a gut-healthy boost of probiotics to wraps, salads or condiments for taco night. Happy healthy, gut-supporting eating!
ORANGE GINGER CARROTS with Hummus and Crudite:
- Various crunchy vegetables for crudite (cucumber, celery, bell peppers, radish, carrots)
- Farmhouse Culture Orange Ginger Carrots
1. Cut fresh vegetables into crudite bites
2. Place hummus into a plate + top with Orange Ginger Carrots.
3. Arrange crudites around hummus
GINGER BEETS Composed Grain Bowl:
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 hijiki seaweed (or any type of seaweed you like)
- 1/4 cup Farmhouse Culture Ginger Beets
- 1/4 chopped kale (massaged with olive oil)
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 egg, halved
- pickled chilis (optional)
- sesame seeds + salt + pepper (to taste)
- sesame oil + lemon for dressing
1. Arrange quinoa at the bottle of a bowl
2. Top with chopped kale, Farmhouse Culture Ginger Beets, cucumber, avocado, and carrot (arrange in clusters)
3. Place halved egg on top with pickled chilis, top with sesame seeds, salt, pepper, sesame oil and lemon
- Farmhouse Culture Kraut Krisps
- Farmhouse Culture Taqueria Mix
- cauliflower (cut into florets)
- organic nacho cheese (or any cheese good for melting)
- pickled chilis
1. Place Farmhouse Culture Kraut Krisps onto a plate.
2. Top with cauliflower, Farmhouse Culture Taqueria Mix, and nacho cheese
3. Place plate under a broiler to melt cheese
4. Top with cilantro and pickled chilis
Photography by: Emily Knecht
*This post was created in sponsorship collaboration with Farmhouse Culture.
|Share the GLOW:||Share on Facebook Tweet Pin it Comment Email Us|