Sweet Potato Brownies… yes you heard that right. The richness and dense texture of these scrumptious brownies come from nutritious sweet potatoes. It’s GENIUS.
Ella‘s Sweet Potato Brownies have made quite the impact– they are her most popular recipe and for good reason. She magically uses the sweet potato to mimic a rich, dense, and fudge-like brownie… without all of the chocolate, flour, and sugar! These brownies are literally made out of vegetables and they’re AMAZING. Make them now.
DELICIOUSLY ELLA’S SWEET POTATO BROWNIES RECIPE
10 brownies, 45 mins
- 2 medium to large sweet potatoes
- 2/3 of a cup of ground almonds
- 1/2 a cup of buckwheat or brown rice flour
- 14 medjool dates
- 4 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- a pinch of salt
- Start by pre-heating the oven to 180-C // 350-F
- Then peel the sweet potatoes. Cut them into chunks and place into a steamer for about twenty minutes, until they become really soft.
- Once they are perfectly soft and beginning to fall apart remove them and add them to a food processor with the pitted dates. Blend until a smooth, creamy mix forms.
- Put the remaining ingredients into a bowl, before mixing in the sweet potato date combination. Stir well.
- Place the mix into a lined baking dish and cook for about twenty to thirty minutes, until you can pierce the brownie cake with a fork bringing it out dry. Remove the tray and allow it to cool for about ten minutes – this is really important, as the brownies need this time to stick together!
Make this recipe, instagram it, and make sure to tag @howyouglow // #howyouglow // @deliciouslyella // #deliciouslyella
|Share the GLOW:||Share on Facebook Tweet Pin it Comment Email Us|