Beet chips are like candy to us. They’re crunchy, sweet, salty, and best of all super nutritious! They’re easy to make, and just one of those snacks that you can’t really believe are actually good for you. But they are, so get on it!
1. Wash beets well. Cover beet in tinfoil and place in 400 degreeF oven for about 40-50 minutes, or until the beet is soft when pricked with a fork (I like to add a little water inside the tinfoil covering to help the cooking process and prevent beet from drying out)
2. Once soft, remove from the oven, and let the cooked beets cool. Once cool and easier to handle, slice them thinly with a knife or with a mandolin to create rounds (using a mandolin is much easier)
3. Place sliced rounds in a mixing bowl, splash in some melted coconut oil, salt, and fresh-cracked pepper, and mix well to coat each slice
4. Place rounds on a baking sheet and make sure not to overcrowd and only create a single layer
5. Bake in the oven for approximately 12 minutes, or until you see the beets start to crisp up
6. Remove from the oven, let them cool, and enjoy!
|Share the GLOW:||Share on Facebook Tweet Pin it Comment Email Us|