Tara’s Banana Bread recipe is near and dear to her heart. She’s honored to share it with her GLOWERS… After testing countless different recipes, Tara concocted the perfect recipe adding personal touches to make it just right. It’s gluten-free, grain-free, refined-sugar-free, gmo-free, organic, dairy-free, soy-free, and made with lots of LOVE. Tara’s mindset is that if you’re going to indulge, try to do it in a way that it’s easiest on your body. This gluten-free treat is highly digestible and moves right through you. In fact, it’s a sweet treat that is pretty much pure protein, meaning that it’s actually energizing and nourishing for your body. You truly feel good after eating a slice (or a few!) While it is perfectly delicious on its own, what’s beautiful about this recipe is that you can add in your own personal touches such as your favorite nuts, dried fruits, or chocolate chips.
Ingredients and preparation:
- 2 cups of almond flour (depending on number of bananas used)
- 1 cup of coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons (or 1/4 cup) of coconut oil or ghee, melted
- 2 eggs (room temp)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 very ripe bananas
- Optional: 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruit (we used chia seeds, yellow raisins, pecans, walnuts- the more the merrier)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mash bananas well with a fork, then, add in eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla, and mix until well blended
3. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl, and whisk to mix well
4. Add dry ingredients into the wet, and mix well
5. Add melted coconut oil/ghee and fold into the batter until well combined (Now is also when you should fold in chocolate chips, walnuts, cranberries, raisins, chia seeds etc. if you’d like!)
6. Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle of the loaf. You want it to be browned at the top, that’s the part that tastes best!
7. Eat warm or cooled, and make sure to refrigerate the leftovers!!
|Share the GLOW:||Share on Facebook Tweet Pin it Comment Email Us|